Racial Justice Statement from All Saints' Church:
All Saints’ is proud to stand as an inclusive community that embraces and celebrates our diversity in response to biblical teaching: “The Lord God has told us what is right and what He demands: “See that justice is done, let mercy be your first concern, and humbly obey your God - Micah 6:8 (CEV). We reject hate and injustice in all forms. We are committed to examining the history of the Church, identifying racial inequities, developing inclusive programming, promoting culturally diverse leadership, and creating mentoring opportunities for youth. We provide a safe space that ensures our actions foster racial equality and social justice. We pledge to support organizations that are social justice focused and welcome all voices from our community and beyond to share their lived experiences.
We promote and solidify our anti-racist and social equity platform by educating and challenging our community to work, grow and create through:
● Forums, book/film discussions for adults and youth addressing areas of systemic racism and social inequity (i.e. police brutality, discriminatory practices)
● Participating in social justice events
● A relaunch of the Health Ministry with a focus on racial health disparities
● Recommitting to participation in civic coalitions (e.g. criminal justice reform; Black Lives Matter movement)
We seek to ensure a fair and inclusive future by:
● Examination of racial integration at All Saints’ with a commitment to intentionally
participate in our cultural activities
● Celebration of exemplary figures by holding up their witness and adding religious icons of color
to our space (e.g. Absalom Jones)
Click here to return to the homepage.