The spread of COVID 19 in New York is disturbing to us all. Please know that our parish leadership is monitoring developments. These are some of the ways we are being the compassionate Body of Christ in a time of anxiety:
- Pray for those affected by the virus and those beset with fear.
- Attend worship for the time being if you feel comfortable doing so. When in church, we are refraining from personal contact. Use of the common cup at the Eucharist has been suspended.
- Do not attend worship if you have an underlying health condition or are in a high risk group. Please send us an email or call the church office; we will be happy to pray with you.
- Be mindful and generous of those whose livelihood is impacted. Our Vestry has affirmed a policy of full compensation for church staff who need to stay home for the sake of the health of the community or in the event that services and programs are canceled.
- Stay informed by public sources you trust. All Saints' will continue to update the parish if and when our policies change.
Episcopal Relief & Development has prepared a helpful guide for churches here.
I continue to keep you in my prayers. May God comfort and strengthen you and yours in this anxious time.
The Rev. Steven D. Paulikas
Leave a Reply.